After the successful trial of the free Weed Wiper Hire scheme in 2015 courtesy of Dwr Cymru and Dalton’s ATVs, we are pleased to announce the continuation of the scheme in 2017. In the target catchments, Welsh Water are offering farmers and land managers the chance to try a weed wiper for free. Working with Dalton’s ATVs Ltd, we will be offering this opportunity between April and October 2017.
All Weed Wipers for 2016 will come with their own bespoke trailers to make transporting easier. The trailer has been designed to enable the loading and unloading of the Weed Wiper to be carried out by a single individual.
How to get involved
- Contact Welsh Water or Dalton’s ATV to register
- Receive information pack – includes best practice advice, maps and Conditions of Hire
- Contact Dalton’s ATVs to arrange hire dates and to be guided through paperwork. Machine hire is free, you will need to purchase the Glyphosate. This can be arranged through Dalton’s ATV or by supplying a valid proof of purchase
- Pick up and return weed wiper from designated point – Dalton’s ATV, Talsarn or Newbridge-on-Wye
- On return, complete brief survey about the experience
Further information regarding the project can be found in the following Dwr Cymru video’s:
Whilst best practice information is available to everyone, the weed wiper trial is only available in three river catchments.
- River Teifi, upstream of Llechryd
- River Wye, upstream of Llyswen
- River Towy, upstream of Nantgaredig
If you’re unsure if your holding is within the catchment and would like us to check, please email your address or land details to firstname.lastname@example.org.